Greetings! Whether you're a seasoned veteran or new to the Hitchiker Board Game, thank you for looking me up, clicking a link or doing whatever it was that brought you here. If you have any questions at all, please contact me. I love hearing from you.
It's a board game, not a lifestyle recommendation!
So, before we dive in ... here's what you need to know. Hitchiker features a few of those activities your mother likely warned you to stay away from. Whether it's the high stakes gambling, smuggling contraband or accepting rides from strangers ... there are Bad Rides everywhere. If you're overly sensitive or easily offended by dark humour and satire, this may not be for you.
On the other hand, if want to take a wild ride on an emotional roller coaster, give your laugh track a good workout and never play the same way twice ... you've definitely come to the right place.
Easy to play!
The game board is a geographic replica of North America with 42 fictional cities and locations. Players begin in a Hometown with $25,000 and a bank envelope. The object of the game is to be the first to save $250,000 in your Hometown bank or accumulate $50,000,000 (yes, that's $50 million) in travelling cash.
Players simply roll dice to travel around the board clockwise. Once you reach a destination you'll take whatever action that location offers. Of course we're always hoping for an opportunity to pick up some cash but the reality is, there's danger lurking everywhere.
Some opportunities to increase your bankroll include:
- Collect from other players who land on your Hometown
- Win a $50,000 singing contest in Smashville (you have to sing a couple of lines from an Elvis or country tune to collect)
- Win big on your trip to the Casino. It's dealers choice and a game of Blackjack, Texas Hold 'em or High Roll Craps breaks out. Poker cards included. You'll love the fast action and experience the thrill of gaming when there's millions on the table.
- Smuggle Contraband ... buy low and sell high! You could haul away some incredible profits if you make it to a Sell City but here's hoping you don't land in Customs.
Well, that's a bummer!
A few things you would like to avoid include:
- Mandatory carbon credits in Fort McSlurry
- Trapped in a big black hole in Remindya
- Shafted by the crooks in Lie 'n Sin, D.C.
- Having your contraband blow away in Twister City
- and more including everyone's favourite Bad Ride!
The "Bad Ride" cards are a twisted collection of misadventures with penalties that include financial losses or even death. Yes, that's right ... done like dinner!
Don't sweat it though, players are reincarnated (brought back to life) as many times as necessary in a game. There is also a new option to purchase one roll Life Insurance.
Quick Summary ...
It's a great game with plenty of action to make it fun yet intuitive enough for anyone to enjoy. Victory is never guaranteed right up to last roll of the dice so everyone has a chance to win. People can even join a game already underway and still have a good chance to win.
So there it is. The Hitchiker Board Game is an edgy mix of satire, quick action, big bucks and hilarious fun for players of all ages (parental discretion is advised). Designed for 2-6 players, a game should last around 60 to 90 minutes.
For more details check out the Rules & Playing Procedures.
Hitchiker is like a party in a tube ... literally. The board is printed on a durable vinyl banner material with UV (and spill) resistant ink. The game comes with everything pictured above and all just slides nicely into the heavy duty tube for easy storage.